Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day Two After Surgery

We saw the doctor early today and he is happy with how the surgery went. Mom has some numbness on her left thigh but the doctor said that is to be expected and should get better over time...that is from were the surgery was done on the left side. Physical Therapy came by and got mom up to walk the whole floor...she said it was the equivalent to the length of a football field...I not sure about that but it was quit an accomplishment for mom. Uncle Ralph and Aunt Lois spent the whole day with mom, so I could go back to the hotel for a nap and shower...I didn't get any sleep with mom over night. Mom got her follie (sp)out today. She also did the big walk 2 more times and set up in a chair at least 2 times. She still hasn't had anything to eat yet just clear liquids...and she is wanting more. The doctor is waiting for everything to wake back up before he lets her have solid food. All in All this was a very good day. Tomorrow should be great with more activity and the drain tube will be removed!! We should be coming back to the hotel on Monday or Tuesday. I know that mom would like to be here by Monday but I think Tuesday would be a little better...a few more days away from surgery before I become a full time nurse...if any of you really know me nursing is not my calling but obviously God has quit a sense of humor and mom will have to have a lot of patients...and so will I! Ultimately we will have a good laugh in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment