Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday 6 Days after Surgery

Well I was apprehensive to bring mom home to the hotel today but she and the doctors were gung ho. Well we left the hospital at 11:00 and went to pick up her medicine. One of the prescriptions is a back ordered unavailable medicine at any Pharmacy!! The challenges begin. I called Dr office and had to leave message...never called me back but I did call the Patient Advocate Nurse and drove back to hospital to drop off prescription at the hospital out patient Pharmacy...would take several hours to pick up. Mom and I got to hotel ate a bit and then went to sleep for a few hours. When I woke mom up at 4:00 she couldn't stop jerking her hands and then it move to her legs. When she was standing up at the sink her leg jerked out and I had to catch her. Jerking seem to get worse and I called the Dr on call...I was told to load up and head to the ER...got to ER at 5:30 and we got seen around 6:30 but saw Dr at 8:00...they believe that she might be having a drug reaction to Lyrica and that would take 72 hours to flush through her system. They let us go about 10:00 and then we had to find a 24 hour Pharmacy for more medication. We are back at hotel now and we have had something to eat...mom is in a lot of pain and we both have had a small emotional breakdown!! Mom said a prayer for us and we are hoping to get through the night...it is now 1:30 AM on Thursday one week since surgery...I can't say that it has been easy on mom or me but we love each other and some how we will make it through this and laugh again.

2 comments:

  1. Shirley,
    Goodness you are going through a lot. I hope the pain is getting managed. It is so tiring to go to the ER.
    I got a kick out of the blog that described you not having your make-up and hair just so. You need to visit Ann Arbor, we northerners always go around that way. As I write I can just see your smiling face as well as Sherri's and I can not wait to see you at Lexis's graduation events.
    Great job Sherri getting a blog going, way cool! you modern gal.
    All our love from the Grosh's
    Linda, Karl, Ian, Nathan and little Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri & Shirley,
    Sherri it was wonderful to talk to you yesterday. Hopefully you had a much better day today and they only get better!!!!! We are set to and can't wait to visit everyone during Lexis's graduation and that includes a better feeling Shirley. Enjoy your time together and getting through this tough time with each other.
    Love,
    George, Nancy, Jennifer, Mitchell and Julia

    ReplyDelete