Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday a very Sunny Day

Well the sun came out today here in Durham and we are feeling very sunny also. We were very tired today. We are taking medicine about every four hours and having to walk ect at that time, so we didn't get up until 10:45. We ate breakfast and mom was feeling really good. She got dressed today for the first time in a cute brown sweat suit and put makeup on and then we had to go to sleep for the afternoon...we got back up around 4:30 and mom again was feeling pretty good and she did her hair. We needed a few things from the store, so I took mother with me in the wheel chair...we had to get out of our little cave...this made mother tired but it was a change of scenery. Mother is on a roller coaster...feeling pretty good and then she will have pain and cold shaking will come over her. Her nerves and muscles seem to be reacting in unpredictable ways. I know that we are on the road to recovery but I believe that she will continue to have these good moments and then painful moments throughout the day. We both want to get back to Goose Creek to familiar ground but it will be a really hard trip on mom. We need to stop about every hour per the doctor to get out and have her walk ect...a 4 1/2 hour drive may be 6-7 hour drive. Please pray that the weather will be nice on Wednesday and the road smooth...mom will get her staples out on Wednesday morning and then we will hit the road.

I may not be updating the blog everyday from now on but I will try to keep everyone up to date with changes. I hope that mom will be able to get on soon and tell you how she is feeling about this experience. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Sherri,
    Just remember how many times she packed you in the car to run errands! Enjoy your moments together. I know there will be a "laugh till you cry moment" in your near future.
    Praying for your Shirley's recovery and Sherri's patience...
    Steve and I are home from our road trip & getting excited about our South Carolina trip 4/8. Let me know if you need me to bring anything for you from Southlake.
    love,
    Rhonda and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri,
    Just read this around midnight. So by now
    (hopefully) y'all in Goose Creek. I know that your mom is glad to be back home. I am thrilled with her progress. Know that there will be days that the Lyrica will make her dizzy and 'woozy'.
    Takes a while to get adjusted to that med.
    John and I (plus prayer list folks) are still praying for the both of you.
    Sending love and hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri,
    Today is Friday April 3rd and I am thinking of you and Shirley but do not want to disturb you. I hope you are back at your moms and more comfortable. Do you need anything?
    Lots of love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete