Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday--Day 5 after surgery

Well I was really tired today and called mom to say I wouldn't be in until noon. She seemed fine. I was hopeful that she would be better...she said she was staying one more day. I took her some yogurt, celery and peanut butter and other snacks. Once I got to the hospital she was a little sleepy...she ate lunch...the best food we have seen yet and she "liked it" and then she took some medicine. Mom was zonked all day long...she could hardly wake up for dinner and she was in a fog...could not start a conversation with me...she could answer questions fine but just looked glassy eyed to me. Mom was zonked out again at 7:00 pm. Needless to say, I am very frustrated and I will not bring her home until her pain is controlled and she is not a sleepy zombie. They are saying she will be discharged tomorrow but we will see...I am not comfortable with bringing her home to the hotel in the present condition. I will be at the hospital earlier to get the update and to see what they want to do. Keep praying for mom, pain control and an easy transition from hospital to hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment