Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good Saturday!! March 28

Have you ever paid $44.00 for a shower???? Today we did right here in North Carolina. We are staying in a handicap room but we do not have a walk in shower. Mom was feeling better today and I knew she would even feel better after a shower...hence I found a room in the hotel we are staying in that had a handicap shower. I rented the room for the day and the planning and moving began. I started carrying everything over to the room...you can imagine all the things that we would need plus more. I put mom in the car drove her around to the other room. Into the room we rolled and we got started...I would say this all took a couple of exhausting hours on mom and me but it was so worth it. She is doing so much better today. We have the pain controlled right now and she is moving around better. She is eating a little better and staying awake much longer to talk and watch tv. Gosh, what a difference a day can make...God is Good!!! I hope that we have a really good night...we are both really tired but are hopeful with a good day behind us...I would truly say this was our very best day and that is really encouraging. We still need to get the swelling out of her legs and feet and get the internal plumbing working better but even on another rainy day the sun is shining in our little room. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers...they have been working and God is blessing us greatly.

2 comments:

  1. Sherri,
    Nope - $44 shower!!!

    Shirley,
    Can't even imagine you before shower-bet you didn't look at all like the Shirley we all know and love.
    Glad Saturday was a better day. Please know that lots of prayers are being said for you and Sherri.
    Sending love and hugs your way,
    Debbie (in Alabama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea Shirley - forgot to say that even before you got to take a shower I know that you still looked better than I do on a good day. John says that now that you know having malfunctions are not fun you are hereby instructed to not have any more. Debbie

    ReplyDelete